After a year or so of planning, the last few months have been gratifyingly practical. Work is now racing forward on many fronts. With this blog post I’ll attempt to explain the various strands of work and how they all fit together to attempt to realise the JISC and RLUK resource discovery taskforce (rdtf) vision.
Phase 1 activity
Existing aggregation projects
Studies and reports on specific issues
- A set of proposed metadata guidelines for museum, library and archives for the rdtf vision – these will be picked up by the management framework project described below.
- A report on the issues involved in the aggregation of multimedia content
- A guide for librarians on why open bibliographic data might be important and how to go about engaging in this area
- To gather together the knowledge and lessons from the projects above and to turn it into advice and guidance for libraries museums and archives
- To produce a website to enable developers to engage with reusing metadata and to enable other stakeholders to follow progress and identify opportunities
- To provide advice to JISC and partners on the infrastructure required to realise the vision